- One green leaf
- One clear glass
- Magnifying device (phone camera, magnifying lens, etc)
- One hour of wait time
1. Pour water into a clear glass or cup
2. Cut a green leaf off a plant and place it in the glass.
3. Place the glass in a sunny location and leave it there for an hour. What do you think will change?
4. After an hour has passed, examine the leaf and glass. If needed, use your magnifying device so you can get a close look at what appears. Read below to find out why this happens!
Lesson Courtesy of Kids-Fun-Science